Choose to Re-Use is a volunteer supported community project that accepts items in GOOD and useable condition at the Transfer Site. Choose to Re-Use’s reopening weekend will be May 22 & 23 this year.
Due to changes with donation partners, the project has had to make some changes on donation items accepted, please see the list below. Additionally, we would also like to stress that people not leave things on Monday’s and Wednesday’s because the site is not staffed at that time.
Items NOT accepted:
- Appliances including dehumidifiers, range hoods and microwaves
- Baby equipment of any sort. Clothing is appreciated in good condition
- Televisions, computers, monitors
- Exercise equipment including trampolines, treadmills, weight benches/weights
- Hazardous material – batteries, diabetic testing equipment, fireworks, flammables, chemicals, lead-based paint, medicine, smoke detectors, tires, etc.
- Fluorescent light bulbs
- Encyclopedias or magazines
- Sofa beds
- Mattresses of any size
- Single pane windows
Items appreciated in GOOD condition. Think about what you would give to good friends or family members.
- Home décor, picture frames, etc.
- Clothing, shoes, purses
- Housewares, cookware, glassware
- Electronics like VHS, Blu-Ray or DVD
- Books, records, CD’s, videos
- Antiques & collectables
- Games, toys & sports equipment
- Building supplies
Choose to Re-Use reserves the right to be selective based on condition, donation partner adjustments and volume for storage.