The Public Works & Highway Department maintains 151 miles of scenic roads in the Town of Rome. The Highway Department fulfills its responsibilities to maintain the safety and convenience of Town roads by performing both general and winter maintenance.
General maintenance includes the following: patching, shoulder maintenance, vegetation control, signing, and traffic control. Winter maintenance includes the application of sand and salt, plowing and shoveling snow.
Additionally, the department also oversees the Transfer Site, all Town parks, Dyracuse Recreational Area, Spring Branch and New Rome Cemeteries and the Alpine Village Business Park.
Advertisement for Bids and Request for Proposals (RFP) Materials:
Architectural and Construction Management Services Rome Town Center Park Project: The Town of Rome is seeking Request for Proposals (RFP) from qualified firms to provide comprehensive professional services for the Rome Town Center Park over the next two to five years. Comprehensive professional services include providing architectural and engineering services for the design, estimate, and construction phases, and addressing various amenities of the Rome Town Center Park Master Plan.
A copy of the entire RFP document is located here. Any questions concerning this RFP must be submitted via e-mail on or before Monday, March 23, 2020; 12:00 PM CST and sealed proposals must be received no later than Tuesday, March 31, 2020; 2:00 PM CST. Any questions and RFP materials are to be submitted to Jami Gebert, Administrator, at email@example.com or phone 715-325-8025.
The Town of Rome has issued this request for proposals to ensure competitive pricing and services for the community. The Town is committed to an objective and open selection process. Every proposal timely submitted shall receive an unbiased review.
Noted below are questions received on or before Monday, March 23, 2020; 12:00 PM CST and responses are in bold.
- Will all of the Phase 2 work happen at once, or will it be staged over multiple design/construction seasons? The project will happen over the next five years; Phase 2 A would be summer 2020, Phase 2 B, summer 2021, etc.
- The RFP indicates beginning Phase 2 in early summer 2020; is this referring to conceptual design or construction? No, we have the conceptual design, the Town would want the architectural completed along with the irrigated Great Lawn and Nature Path developed by the end of 2020.
- The drawing attached to the RFP shows one shade structure. Is this the only one anticipated? Will this be a gazebo style structure or something yet to be determined? We would like a couple shade structures, the design/material and location is yet to be determined.
- Have you decided on what materials will be used to construct the bandshell/pavilion/restrooms/storage facility (timber, steel frame, glue lam, concrete block, etc.)? The design must match the Rome Town Center Olde World Alpine feel, however, the specific materials have not been determined. A copy of the Rome Town Center Design Plan can be sent upon request.
- Do you have an idea on the number of toilet facilities you want in each restroom? No.
- Will existing CAD drawings be made available to the firm chosen to complete Phase 2? A request can be made by the Town to the firm who completed the existing drawing.
- Will there be public input/informational meetings during the design process? If so, how many are anticipated? No, we have completed the public input/informational meetings through the development of our Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan (CORP). A copy is available on our web site under Community/Services.
- How is this project being funded? Are there grants or state/federal funding involved? Will you be looking for help with any associated paperwork/grant administration? Will the funding require federal wage rates for construction? The Town has secured two grants to date. The Town of Rome’s budget included some levy funds, and we are fundraising publicly. At this time we would not need assistance on grant paperwork.
- Given the current situation our nation is in with the COVID-19 we anticipate difficulties with printing. Would you be ok with receiving email submittals? The Town would accept an email submittal if all pages were structured for portrait 8 ½ x 11 printing.
- Is there a estimate construction cost for Phase 2 of the park? There is a preliminary estimate, it can be sent upon request.
- Under question 8. Fee Proposal, you ask for a fee expressed as a percentage or fixed fee per hour but do not call out overall fee for the project. Are you seeking a overall fee to be submitted? Thank you for clarifying, please clarify an overall fee.